Re: question about build profile nocheck

Hi, Wookey and Chris,

Many thanks for the detailed answer and the links!

على الأربعاء  1 تشرين الثاني 2017 ‫23:19، كتب Wookey:
> On 2017-11-01 21:46 -0400, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
[...]
>>  Am I mistaken?
>
> Yes. Somewhat discussed in https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=568897
> and marked willnotfix.
>
> Debhelper doesn't automagically do anything due to profiles SFAIK.
>
> Hmm. actually it recently learned how to do nodoc automatically:
>
> so having started down that slippery slope maybe it's time to ponder
> 568897 again as its under new management :-)

I agree--I think I'll follow up on 568897. I found it surprising that
debhelper doesn't do anything about this. That then requires adding
boilerplate code to d/rules in every package trying to support this profile.

[...]
> Right, I generally expect the packaging to have to deal with
> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS, which deals with actions. DEB_BUILD_PROFILES deals
> with dependencies (so dpkg and apt do some things automagically for
> you).
>
> Helmut and Josch have a lot more to with this recently than me and
> will no doubt be along soon with chapter and verse.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي