Re: [BUMP] r-cran-readstata13 had five weeks in NEW queue for two uploads

On 14 October 2017 at 21:59, Chris Lamb wrote:
| Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
|
| > The passive-aggressive "we won't work on your package, and won't tell you
| > why" is a wee bit annoying.
|
| This is an uncharitable interpretation of the situation. There is no
| deliberate witholding of information from you or any other maintainer;
| I — and the rest of the FTP team — are simply busy people.

Ok, let me rephrase.  "At times in the past" there were delays simply do you
ftpmasters now expecting (in the case of R packages) debian/README.source to
explain the (data, binary, but for R also always already documented) .rda
files.

It would be so much simpler if "we" could just read the output, if any, that
is holding things back.  The new package tracker is great and shows a lot,
but in order _for us to help you_ we need to know what you want us to change.

| Anyway, I've processed your package. Please fix the missing attributions

Thank you!

| to (at least) Thomas Lumley on your next upload and, if possible, think

He is not listed in DESCRIPTION:

Authors@R: c(
    person("Jan Marvin", "Garbuszus",
    email = "jan.garbuszus@ruhr-uni-bochum.de", role = c("aut")),
    person("Sebastian", "Jeworutzki",
    email="Sebastian.Jeworutzki@ruhr-uni-bochum.de", role = c("aut", "cre")),
    person("R Core Team", role="cph"),
    person("Magnus Thor", "Torfason", role="ctb"),
    person("Luke M.", "Olson", role="ctb"),
    person("Giovanni", "Righi", role="ctb")
    )

though "R Core" is, and for many years they (ie R Core) assume copyright
jointly.

Where would you want me to make the attribution? debian/copyright?

| carefully about making emotional requests on -devel in future.

I will try.  And where please should I send requests to ftpmaster ?

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org