Re: [BUMP] r-cran-readstata13 had five weeks in NEW queue for two uploads

On 14 October 2017 at 14:47, James McCoy wrote:
| On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 12:59:10PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >
| > Bumping this as my mail to ftpmaster went unanswered.
| >
| > Could someone please remind me who to ask about the NEW Queue?
| > [...]
| >
| > The passive-aggressive "we won't work on your package, and won't tell you
| > why" is a wee bit annoying.
|
| So you decide to annoy all the subscribers to two lists that have
| nothing to do with your problem?
|
| NEW takes time.  Always has, always will.  If your package hasn't made
| it out of NEW, then don't upload other packages that depend on it.
| Spend your time on something else.
|
| It will eventually get processed.  There's nothing passive aggressive
| about what's happening.  It's just how things work when you have
| volunteers doing stuff that requires a chunk of dedicated time to focus.

Thank you so much for a content-free and entirely useless message. Note that
I emailed here only after raised a voice because it was five + one week.

Now, in the last six months alone I must have had three or four packages in
NEW, and they never take more than two or three weeks.  But then there are
exceptions : another related package (r-cran-aer, not mine) has been sitting
there for six months.  It is impossible for me to tell "why".  And you did
not help AT ALL with the more germane issue of us ("developers") being
entirely unable to get feedback of WHY a package HANGS when it does.

Which sucks. And is a FTBFS for my package.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org