Re: [BUMP] r-cran-readstata13 had five weeks in NEW queue for two uploads

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 12:59:10PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> Bumping this as my mail to ftpmaster went unanswered.
>
> Could someone please remind me who to ask about the NEW Queue?
> [...]
>
> The passive-aggressive "we won't work on your package, and won't tell you
> why" is a wee bit annoying.

So you decide to annoy all the subscribers to two lists that have
nothing to do with your problem?

NEW takes time.  Always has, always will.  If your package hasn't made
it out of NEW, then don't upload other packages that depend on it.
Spend your time on something else.

It will eventually get processed.  There's nothing passive aggressive
about what's happening.  It's just how things work when you have
volunteers doing stuff that requires a chunk of dedicated time to focus.

Cheers,
--
James
GPG Key: 4096R/91BF BF4D 6956 BD5D F7B7  2D23 DFE6 91AE 331B A3DB