Re: e2fsprogs as Essential: yes?

On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 10:45:20PM +0200, Simon Richter wrote:
> > lsattr, chattr
>
> These I'd expect to be present in a sane system, including inside
> containers.

I argue that a minbase debootstrap is not a sane system. I guess you
also expect init and init is not part of a minbase. We're not talking
about removing "Priority: required" from e2fsprogs. The standard
debootstrap will install e2fsprogs as the majority of systems will need
e2fsprogs, yes. All I want is to make it opt-out.

If you are worried about whether these tools are available on "normal"
systems, come back when we talk about changing the Priority field.

Helmut