Re: ftp master uploads disappearing?

Quoting Andreas Metzler (2017-09-27 19:38:22)
> Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> [...]
> > To answer Mattias question why not using source uploads all the time:
> > Once I have build the package to see whether all those lintian issues
> > are fixed I want to fix I have a sensible package to upload and somehow
> > this workflow to upload what is just there remains.
> [...]
>
> Hello,
>
> I am also doing regular local builds, because I like being able to
> a) use debdiff to the previous upload and b) compare buildlogs.
>
> This is not a blocker for source-only uploads, though, you can generate
> a source-only changes file from the full_build_changes file like this:
>
> mergechanges --source -f exim4_4.89-7_amd64.changes exim4_4.89-7_amd64.changes

or, if you are using sbuild to build your package, you can use the
--source-only-changes option which generates a .changes file for a source-only
upload alongside the regular .changes file.

It might also not hurt to generate a source-only .changes file for every build
with sbuild by putting this into your ~/.sbuildrc:

$source_only_changes = 1;

cheers, josch