Re: Alioth: the future of mailing lists

 ❦ 18 septembre 2017 14:55 +0200, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> :

> Hum, that documentation is a bit outdated. What you have to use is
> actually dispatch+<package>@tracker.debian.org. But I would not want
> people to use this email address in Maintainer fields.
>
> Instead we should use <package>@packages.debian.org. But for this we
> need a lintian upload and a lintian backport to be installed on
> ftp-master:
> https://bugs.debian.org/871575

Would any of those solutions also email the uploaders or recent people
in d/changelog? This would be helpful for NMU as well as for
team-maintained packages in a large team.

For example, I am part of the Debian Python Modules Team but there are
so many packages that I can't follow the mailing list. Therefore, I miss
bugs from "my" packages due to the "noise". I still catch RC bugs by
looking at the maintainer dashboard, but for anything else...
--
It is often the case that the man who can't tell a lie thinks he is the best
judge of one.