Re: Alioth: the future of mailing lists

Hi,

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017, Paul Wise wrote:
> If the Maintainer field is going to be completely deterministic based
> on the package name, we should probably just change dak/BTS/etc to
> mail those addresses instead of making dak put those addresses in
> Maintainer fields in Sources/Packages or updating almost every package
> in the archive.

I would be fine with that. But I don't put this as a pre-requisite to any
change. That's the kind of decision that we are not able to take
very well collectively due to lots of inertia.

> There are a number of non-Debian mailing lists in Maintainer fields
> though, do we want to drop support for that?

There are a couple of mailing lists already subscribed to the package
tracker so they could do the same if they want to continue to get the
same traffic (without appearing in the Maintainer field).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer