Re: How to start a new packaging team now?

Hey Jeremy

On 15/09/2017 18:39, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> I have been thinking for a while of starting a new packaging team for
> desktop themes (especially GTK+ and GNOME themes since so many
> desktops can use them).

Great! I've also thinking about started a team for all the gnome-shell
extensions we have in Debian. The Debian Qt/KDE team has a complementary
Debian KDE Extras team (see https://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/ for more
information), I wonder if it might be worth while considering having a
GNOME Extras team for all the GNOME related stuff that isn't part of
upstream GNOME?

> Now that Alioth is beginning to close down and its replacement is not
> yet ready, how would I start this team now?

Well, it's not official yet of course but salsa.debian.org is running
GitLab and it seems like the likely Alioth replacement. I think it would
be less disruptive to use a project on gitlab.org and get used to its
tools, which should make it easier to move the project onto Debian
infrastructure than from Launchpad.net. Although, Launchpad.net would be
preferable to Github, at least Launchpad.net is now free software.

-Jonathan