Re: How to start a new packaging team now?

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your on-going work on alioth and its replacement.

> For mailinglists? None. Currently no one is planning to provide a
> replacement for mailinglists from alioth. For git we settled for gitlab.

This has come up a couple of times but with little explanation and the lack
of information is going to lead to wild and perhaps inaccurate speculation.
I appreciate that you're waiting until the alioth replacement is ready
before you announce it, but in the absence of information, incorrect
extrapolations are being made.

Is there some other mode of interaction that the new-alioth provides that
will replace the existing mailing lists as a way for users and maintainer
teams to communicate to discuss development, bugs and provide support?

thanks
Stuart

--
Stuart Prescott    http://www.nanonanonano.net/   stuart@nanonanonano.net