Re: Debian Installer Stretch RC 5 release
GOSV | 9F, Raycom, Beijing | +86-10-5984-6673(Office) | +86-10-59946452 (Fax)
On 13/06/2017, 4:19 PM, "Cyril Brulebois" <email@example.com> wrote:
The Debian Installer team is pleased to announce the fifth release
candidate of the installer for Debian 9 "Stretch".
This will be the last release candidate, and the next upload of the
debian-installer package will be used for the final Debian 9.0 build,
without a separate announcement for the installer.
Improvements in this release
- Only enable a resume option if a suitable device exists
- Since the firefox browser no longer fitted on the Xfce CD, the
installation guide was removed from those images to free up some
space, so that firefox fits again.
- Make sure gen-hd-image exits as soon as an error is triggered
- Add support for Stretch keys (#860830, #860831), and remove
support for Squeeze ones (#863303).
- Adjust buffer size again, to avoid overlapping.
- The rdnssd package is no longer installed automatically for IPv6
setups. Depending on package installation choices, it could
prevent network-manager from being installed (#854801).
Hardware support changes
- Bump partition size for armhf SD card images from 40MB to 100MB
(for both hd-media and netboot), since it became too small for
some setups. This fixes missing files for the A10-OLinuXino-Lime
platform, and allows developers for easier debugging (#864260).
- Add support for systems with a large number of disks (>= 27),
which can happen in some JBOD setups (#839894).
- udeb: Add efivarfs to efi-modules, which can be needed to
retrieve firmware or configuration bits from the Debian
* 75 languages are supported in this release.
* Full translation for 21 of them.
Known bugs in this release
* An extraneous open-iscsi step is performed right before the end of
each installation, even if there are no iSCSI devices (#863435).
* The lack of an i2c-modules package on armhf was only determined
lately to be the reason for several issues on this platform. It is
expected to merge a new version of the linux package for the final
release (#864536, #864457, #856111).
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
Feedback for this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer,
so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you
will need are available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this
on behalf of the Debian Installer Team