Re: infinite number of Debian workflows (Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth?)

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 10:21:27AM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 10:07:20PM +0100, James Clarke wrote:
> > There already effectively is a semi-"primary" implementation given that
> > sbuild is used on the buildds.
>
> Yes that is a very strong fact in favour of sbuild.

If by "in favour" you mean in favour of using sbuild instead of pbuilder
on your own machine, I think James' point was that the fact that sbuild
is run on the buildds is a reason *not* to run it locally.

Your package will be built using sbuild on the buildds anyway, so
testing with pbuilder locally could expose bugs.

(disclaimer: I use sbuild)

--
Sean Whitton