Re: infinite number of Debian workflows (Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth?)

Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> writes:

> Fair enough, cowbuilder was one of the ones in my hazy peripheral vision
> as "another", along with some tools to use things like docker that I am
> aware of but couldn't remember the names. None of them have the same
> traction as pbuilder or sbuild. I've only used pbuilder myself
> personally.

If you're using git-buildpackage, using cowbuilder is indistinguishable
from using pbuilder (in fact, someone may well be using cowbuilder and not
know it if they used the default recommendations in git-buildpackage).
cowbuilder is nearly identical to pbuilder; it just constructs the work
directory for the build differently, in a way that at least used to be way
faster.