Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth?

在 2017年5月14日星期日 +08 下午2:33:19,Pirate Praveen 写道:
> On ഞായര്‍ 14 മെയ് 2017 02:23 വൈകു, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> > As a result, I'm writing to suggest we find an answer to such a problem
> > soon. Migration to Jessie or Stretch with new FusionForge version might
> > be possible. Or we should just drop outdated FusionForge and move to some
> > modern platforms like GitLab (with an alternated workflow possibly).
>
> This is already planned (though pagure instead of gitlab). Anyone who
> wish to see it happen faster can help with

There are some pages about the alternative of FusionForge on Debian Wiki but
they fail to describe the final decision:

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/GitNext
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/OtherForges
[3] https://wiki.debian.org/Shukra (for GitLab)

And I found a long thread on debian-devel saying GitLab won't be used due to
controversy:

[4] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/07/msg00510.html

If that's true, I will later update [1] according to [4], remove GitLab from
the option list and describe pagure as the most possible sucessor of
FusionForge. Tell me if that's not correct.

However, note that pagure is lacking features. For example, the authentication
method only includes FAS (Fedora Account System) and local (local database).
Obviously we need to implement support for Debian SSO/LDAP and migrate alioth
account system by ourselves. (GitLab supports LDAP & OAuth2 [3] but anyway we
are not using it.) I'm wondering where should related development work
happens.

--
Boyuan Yang