Re: policy for shipping sysctl.d snippets in packages?

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 04:21:17AM -0400, Tom H wrote:
> Did Linux development move as quickly as it does now?
> Did users experience more problems or failures when running those dist-upgrades?

RedHat also did not support upgrades back when they did not wait four
years to do finish a new release. They do not support them, because they
*choose* not to support them, instead telling people to reinstall.

Yes, that makes it easier for them to wait four years between releases.
But I think you have cause and effect swapped around.

[...]

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,