Re: "Ask HN: What do you want to see in Ubuntu 17.10?"

Chris Lamb:
> Hi -devel,
>
> There's a very active conversation happening on Hacker News right
> now entitled «What do you want to see in Ubuntu 17.10?»:
>
>   https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14002821
>
> I haven't read every comment yet, but are there any feature requests
> that seem particularly relevant to us?
>
> (As a meta-comment, I was quite struck by the number of requests that
> should "obviously" be requested upstream instead. I wouldn't want to
> label this as "wrong" but I think this might speak to the different
> perception we have towards the upstream → distro → user relationship.)
>

> Regards,

I noticed one request for binary diffs (I assume a la debdelta) with an
explicit mention of it being upstreamed to Debian[1].

~Niels

[1]

"""
- FLAVOR: Ubuntu Any (preferred this to be in upstream Debian)
- HEADLINE: binary diff updates for apt-get.

I have seen Fedora updates as binary diffs. It is very small, uses
less bandwidth and space, and gets installed faster.

This request isn't really for Ubuntu 17.10 though (I don't know if
there is enough time for this). And I don't wish (actually I hate)
this to be an Ubuntu specific feature. I wish this to be an upstream
(Debian) feature.

Thanks
"""