Re: [E-devel] EFL 1.19.0-beta3 (from git) package for Debian Experimental

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 04:50:38 -0700 Jose R R <jose.r.r@metztli.com> said:

> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Ross Vandegrift <ross@kallisti.us> wrote:
> [...]
> > Oh I see - I misunderstood your previous message and thought you were
> > targeting sid.  You need to backport + rebuild for jessie.  IIRC, the
> > only change I needed was to remove the auto dbgsym stuff.
> >
> > [snip]
> >> FAIL: tests/evas/evas_suite
> >> ===========================
> >>
> >> /mnt/caxtolli/usr/src/build/enlightenment-debian/sid-omeyi/efl-1.18.4/src/tests/evas/.libs/evas_suite:
> >> symbol lookup
> >> error: /mnt/caxtolli/usr/src/build/enlightenment-debian/sid-omeyi/efl-1.18.4/src/lib/efl/.libs/libefl.so.1:
> >> undefined symbol: _eo_call_end FAIL tests/evas/evas_suite (exit status:
> >> 127)
> >
> > This seems suspicious - the linker can't find a symbol in libefl.so.
> > Are you building with some other patches?
> Nope.
>

> > [snip]
> >> FAIL: tests/eio/eio_suite
> >> =========================
> >>
> >> Running suite(s): Eio
> > [snip]
> >> 98%: Checks: 51, Failures: 1, Errors: 0
> >> tests/eio/eio_test_manager.c:68:F:Eio Job:efl_io_manager_test_ls_funcs:0:
> >> Failure '(*number_of_listed_files) != test_count' occurred
> >
> > I don't recall seeing this test fail before, sorry.
> >
> Ok, the above issues are from EFL 1.19.0 beta3 effort on a Debian Sid
> (Unstable) on Reiser4 root fs.
>
> An EFL 1.18.4 build on Debian-Reiser4 root fs Jessie (Stable), fed
> heavily from official jessie-backports repository, does succeed in
> building the corresponding EFL 1.18.4 DEBs -- as long as I do three
> modifications to relevant debian packaging.
>
> First I modify debian/rules, option: --enable-fb
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [...]
> ifeq (linux,$(DEB_HOST_ARCH_OS))
>         arch_flags += --enable-fb    <=## Directive is overlooked. DEB
> build fails *because* it's missing
> [...]
> override_dh_auto_configure:
>         dh_auto_configure --verbose -- \
>         [...]
>         --enable-fb \       <=## Added explicitly here, satisfies dh_install
>         $(arch_flags)
> [...]

err so --enable-fb makes an eio test work? and makes the evas test suite work
(which doesn't use fb access at all)...  THAT i don't get...

> Second & third, I add your code to skip two(2) failing tests :D
>
> Skip: src/tests/eet/eet_suite.c
> Skip: src/tests/eio/eio_suite.c

if you're disabling tests... why not just not do "make check". i do not know
why your tests fail, but they should not.