The deal with our old logo[s?] (the penguin one)

As some of you may not know, Debian used to have a penguin logo[1].

The only reference i could find of it does not tell much[1].
I could also find some (almost none) detail about the first logo from a cool guy's blog[2]*.

Where can i read more about our logo's history? (at least for how long they were used)

Does any of our ancients DDs have some intel?

[1]https://www.debian.org/vote/1999/vote_0004
[2]http://ianmurdock.debian.net/index.html%3Fp=1880.html
* Worth mention that's Ian Murdock, the founder of Debian, for the few ones that don't know this yet.

Thanks.

Samuel Henrique <samueloph>