Re: Non-free RFCs in stretch

Dear Ian,

On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 02:48:59PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I have a suggestion for how this could be done.
>
> We give each reason-why-a-package-might-be-nonfree-or-contrib
> a name in the package namespace.  I'm going to call these packages
> antimetapackages.

It would be good if Debian was able to support these restrictions.

Could you explain why you want to do this with metapackages, rather than
extending the definition of an archive section so that non-free and
contrib may be more finely divided up?  The various implementation
problems that have been raised in this thread are all/mostly due to the
use of metapackages.

--
Sean Whitton