Re: SPAM

On 2017-03-03 at 20:54, Christopher Clements wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 12:40:52PM +0300, The Illuminati wrote:
>
>>   Listen up shitty ass spam bot. I'm really Gabe Newell and I can track your
>>   fucking IP
>>   On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 1:04 PM, CHOICEHOMEWARRANTY <[1]agx@sigxcpu.org>
>>   wrote:
>>   [SPAM]
>
> Does anyone on this list file "abuse@" reports, or does everyone
> assume that someone else does?

I assume that most spam nowadays, especially spam such as the message
which you quote, is faked up sufficiently that there is no practical way
to identify which domain to report the abuse to.

In this case, either it's faked up to look as if it's coming from the
person listed in the From: address but that person has actually never
seen the message before it reaches us, or it was faked up when being
sent _to_ that person (to appear as if it had come from the mailing
list) and we don't even have the headers of the actual original spam.

--
   The Wanderer