Re: The end of OpenStack packages in Debian?

Hi Thomas,

I'm very sorry to hear this, and of course I hope that everything eventually
works out for you.  I really appreciate the work you've done on
openstack-devel packages that are useful to the wider Python community, even
if sometimes there are version conflicts to work out.  To that end...

On Feb 15, 2017, at 07:11 PM, Ondrej Novy wrote:

>> If things continue this way, I probably will ask for the removal
>> of all OpenStack packages from Debian Sid after Stretch gets released
>> (unless I know that someone will do the work).
>
>please don't ask anyone to remove __team maintained__ packages.

Some of the packages on [1] could be adopted into DPMT and/or PAPT, and I
would be willing to help with some of those (not the entire stack though,
unfortunately).  Maybe it won't come to that, but if it does, let's preserve
as best we can all your great work on those packages.

Cheers,
-Barry

[1] https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=openstack-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org