Re: De-Branding of Icedove, reintroducing Thunderbird packages into Debian

On 16/02/17 06:35, Christoph Goehre wrote:
For now, we need testers to catch existing issues and things we haven't seen
until now.

Great job. Everything seems to have gone smoothly. I am using XFCE on sid.

I found a few residual post-migration mentions of icedove that I eradicated manually (found with "grep -lr icedove"):

- absolute paths to IMAP folders in prefs.js were not fixed and still referred to $HOME/.icedove: fix was a search and replace; not sure if necessary as thunderbird still worked - mention of icedove in a gcontactsync addressbook: fix was to delete and rebuild in gcontactsync - mention of icedove in panacea.dat and training.dat: removed (spam training etc), thunderbird has rebuilt them
- mention of icedove in search.sqlite and extensions.json: removed

I think that was all I found. Everything seems to work, and the removed files have been rebuilt.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director