Re: De-Branding of Icedove, reintroducing Thunderbird packages into Debian

  Hi,

Le 15/02/2017 à 18:35, Christoph Goehre a écrit :
> With the change to the official Mozilla branding the users profile(s) will also
> be changing from '$HOME/.icedove' to '$HOME/.thunderbird' so we need to migrate
> the profile folder. This is done by /usr/bin/thunderbird, a wrapper script,
> which does the following things during initial startup:
>
> * Copy the contents of the old profile folder into the new folder ~/.icedove_moved_by_thunderbird_starter

It is a copy ? (and I suspect there is also a move to $HOME/.thunderbird)
If there is a copy (and not only a move), how do you handle (missing) disk
space?
  I saw lots of icedove installation with several tens of GiB of cached IMAP
mails. There won't necessarily be enough place to do a copy of such profiles
so the migration must handle correctly this possibility (if all the profile
is copied)

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA