Re: De-Branding of Icedove, reintroducing Thunderbird packages into Debian

Am 16.02.2017 um 19:15 schrieb Carsten Schoenert:
> And I don't see a needed discussion about that small issue as mostly
> every singe MP3 file is bigger than the common users profile folder for
> Mozilla Thunderbird.

My thunderbird profile is 3.6G. But I get your point about deleting
users data being a hairy business.

You already have a NEWS entry for the de-branding which talks about the
user profile. Maybe add an additional section there, that the old
profile is kept as ~/.icedove and that the user can delete that manually
if the upgrade has been completed successfully.

universe are pointed away from Earth?