Re: changelog practice, unfinalised vs UNRELEASED vs ~version

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:53:18AM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> So, my idea was, in short: Thinking in a post-Buster world, do we even
> need the finalized line? I mean, take a look at debian/changes. The

the changes file(s) is/are not part of the source packages and we are using
the last date in debian/changelog to set SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH during (re)builds.

https://reproducible-builds.org/specs/source-date-epoch/

I bet there are lot of other consumers of that field as well.

--
cheers,
	Holger