Re: changelog practice, unfinalised vs UNRELEASED vs ~version

Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> writes:

> 1. I really dislike dch's enthusiasm for putting in 'UNRELEASED'. It
> gives me nothing I wanted, and just provides the opportunity to really
> do a final, clean, tested, build, only to find on upload that it's
> still marked 'UNRELASED', and I have to do the build, test, upload
> step again - for big packages that is a huge pain and happens way too
> often.

Those two positions seem incompatible as described.

Can the two of you discuss further what it would take to reconcile
what each of you wants from the changelog-adjacent tools?

--
 \      “Often, the surest way to convey misinformation is to tell the |
  `\               strict truth.” —Mark Twain, _Following the Equator_ |