Re: pkg src:fxlinuxprint didn't start to build for 1+ month

Dear Adrian,

Thanks for your detailed backgroud info!

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 2:37 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hi Roger!
>
> On 01/19/2017 06:27 PM, Roger Shimizu wrote:
>> My package src:fxlinuxprint [0] didn't start to build for 1+ month.
>> While other package build seems fine (done) even released after
>> src:fxlinuxprint.
>> Could you kindly help to start it manually?
>
> Both powerpcspe and sh4 are currently having insufficient resources to
> keep up with the rest.
>
> For sh4, I *do* have the hardware thanks Paul Liu who brought me eight
> NextVoD boxes from Taiwan during DebConf16. However, I cannot boot anything
> more recent than Linux 2.6.32 on these boxes at the moment since ST40
> (a variant of SuperH) support was removed from Linux mainline.
>
> Re-adding ST40 support is currently an undergoing effort and I hope to
> finish it within the next months. After that, I will have at least
> five additional sh4 up and running.
>
> As for powerpcspe, I normally have two reasonably fast buildds running
> (two A-EON Tabor A1222 PPC e500v2 boards, dual-core clocked at 1.2 GHz
>  with 4 GiB RAM and a Toshiba 120 GiB SSD). Unfortunately, one of the
> boards had issues and I had to sent it to A-EON for RMA around November.
>
> They still haven't managed to send me a fixed board or a new one, so I
> will need to make some pressure. They wanted to do some analysis of
> the hardware first.

Hope things will improve soon.

However, I still cannot understand why the package questioned [0]
didn't start to build for 1+ month.
I uploaded another package yesterday [1], now all arch are built well.

[0] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=fxlinuxprint
[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=shadowsocks-libev

How packages are queued for buildd?
My 1st package seems in low priority list?

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo
PGP/GPG: 4096R/6C6ACD6417B3ACB1