Re: Packaging suggestion for the Universal Media Server program.

Aldrin P. S. Castro wrote...

> I would very much like the Universal Media Server to be in the Debian
> repositories.
> He is a very good dlna server. It is done in Java.

Unfortunately, by mailing debian-devel your suggestion will very likely
not reach the people who might be willing to do the job.

Debian's procedure to find someone for bringing software into the
repository is called "Request for Packaging" (RFP). The document at
https://wiki.debian.org/RFP describes the required steps and contains
links to the details. Short version: After some checks you'll have to
send an e-mail in a certain format, but the reportbug program will help
you with that.

    Christoph