[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Trademark issues (Was: kronatools_2.7+dfsg-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Andreas Tille writes ("Re: Trademark issues (Was: kronatools_2.7+dfsg-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)"):
> I admit I feel a bit blocked.  Should I simply upload with another
> possibly improperly choosen name and wait for ftpmaster comments to the
> upload in new?  It seems this topic does not deserve any additional
> input and thus I might take this potential detour without further
> discussion. :-(

Earlier you wrote this:

> On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 09:21:06PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > I think radiant-graphs might come closer even if I doubt that there is
> > much confusion between the CMS and this tool and if its not packaged
> > there should be no clash.
> >  
> > I'd like to hear a word from ftpmaster if I rename the source and binary
> > package as well as the Git archive - would this be accepted for the next
> > upload.  Some kind of confirmation in advance would be helpful to do
> > more negotions right now and not after another round in the new queue.

Debian is supposedly a do-ocracy.  You have consulted.  In the absence
of objections you should carry on.

IMO you should upload with the name `radiant-graphs'.  If that is
rejected by ftpmaster you should involve the DPL and/or the TC.


Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.

If I emailed you from an address @fyvzl.net or @evade.org.uk, that is
a private address which bypasses my fierce spamfilter.

Reply to: