Re: Test instance of our infrastructure

Hi,

> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 8:04 PM, Ian Jackson wrote:
>
>> Should we not have public test instances of all these things ?
>
> If this will increase the bus factor of Debian services, that would be great.
> If this will just be a time sink for the people involved, that would
> be less great.
> On balance, it sounds like the vagrant suggestion is the best trade-off here.

DSA Team already relies on puppet for setting up new machines [1].

Migrating all the configuration to puppet could help DSA's work and would
also enable setting up private/public test instances in an automated way.

The puppet packages seem to be in good shape in Debian and adding
a few more modules could cover most of DSA's needs. I would happily
contribute by packaging a few modules.

Providing a puppet module could be a criterion for accepting new services,
but I'm not part of the DSA team, this is just a suggestion. :-)

Cheers,
Balint

[1] https://dsa.debian.org/howto/new-machine/