Re: Worthless node-* package descriptions in ITPs

On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 10:53:36AM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> At present you are forcing that vast majority of our users, that have no
> interest in this software, to individually learn that they need to look
> out for the node- prefix, and ignore such packages.

Vast majority of users would only install this via dependencies. It's hardly
a node-specific problem that debian package searches output large amount of
packages that are not useful unless you happen to be a programmer.

The only people installing node libs directly would be node developers,
for whom matching description with upstream project is valuable. If the
description is not useful for developer either ( for example
"Itty bitty little widdle twinkie pinkie" ), better propose the upstream
project a more concise description, than to carry extra delta in debian.

Riku