Re: Feedback on 3.0 source format problems

On Wed, 04 Jan 2017 at 13:59:26 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> > But I am not sure if a package structure like
> >
> > mypkg/upstream/*
> > mypkg/debian/*
> > mypkg/patches/* (?)
> >
> > would have any *practical* benefits over the current situation
>
> TBH, I haven't thought much about what an alternative should look like.

We could have a directory containing a tarball, some patches, and some
sort of spec for how to build it? I hear some people with brightly-coloured
headgear might have tried this particular design :-P

Joking aside, the attempts I've seen at managing SRPMs in a version
control system have either not tracked upstream source at all (Fedora), or
invented a layout that is actually a lot like Debian's but with packaging/
instead of debian/ (Tizen).