Re: python3 reportbug in experimental: call for testing

> Hello,
> reportbug has been ported to python3 and it landed in experimental. Whenever
> you have a chance, please test and report any bugs/broken functionalities
> you might find.
>
> I'm sure there are several parts no longer working, for sure the GTK+ UI is
> one (and it is a known issue, given no one is able to maintain it at the
> moment).

Now that reportbug 6.x is working well and reportbug 7.x is broken with GUI,
wouldn't it be better if we just let reportbug 6 enter stretch?

I took a try and the error message is broken as well. It suggests that the user
should install python-vte (Python 2 version!), which is misleading and useless.
Also there is no such a package like "python3-vte".

Also, I didn't find a way to start a ncurses frontend. Neither the
--help message
nor the man page mentioned it. All I have is the fallback to "text" frontend.

In short I don't think the current reportbug 7 is suitable for stretch.

--
Sincerely,
Boyuan Yang