Re: Possible MBF: Packages depending on iceweasel but not firefox/firefox-esr

The Wanderer writes ("Re: Possible MBF: Packages depending on iceweasel but not firefox/firefox-esr"):
> Now, one thing which seems like it _could_ fix this without requiring a
> MBF would be for firefox and firefox-esr to acquire 'Provides:
> iceweasel'. That seems like a misuse of the system to me, however, and a
> suboptimal solution at best.

I don't understand what is wrong with this approach.  It seems
perfectly sensible to me.

It has the advantage that if we think that Mozilla might change their
minds again, we could avoid changing all the rdeps, and retain
the flexibility to rename back, later.

Ian.