Re: Possible MBF: Packages depending on iceweasel but not firefox/firefox-esr

Can someone explain why we are bringing Firefox back? Are we going to rename it again if^Wwhen Mozilla stops liking us?

Also, why there are two firefox* packages, and what's the difference between them? (They have identical descriptions...)

* Josh Triplett <josh@joshtriplett.org>, 2016-03-18, 15:06:
Firefox addon packages (xul-ext-*) typically have a Depends on iceweasel, sometimes with alternatives for icedove or other supported packages that can use the addon. With the switch to firefox and firefox-esr, iceweasel has become a transitional package depending on firefox-esr. The dependencies of these addon packages prevent installing only the firefox package and removing firefox-esr and the transitional iceweasel package.

So let's fix Depends of the transitional package. No MBF is needed.

--
Jakub Wilk