Re: Can we kill net-tools, please?

Hi,

On 28.12.2016 12:08, Samuel Thibault wrote:

>> Does iproute work on Non-Linux kernels?

> No, but net-tools doesn't work on non-Linux either :)

> inetutils tools do, however.

As long as there is still a way to have working "netstat" and "ifconfig"
commands, that is fine.

I often work in mixed environments, and having a consistent way of
checking this information on any host without first checking what OS it
is running is important to me. The exact output format isn't important
as long as it is roughly understandable for humans -- there are enough
subtle differences across platforms anyway, and if I wanted
machine-readable I'd use SNMP.

   Simon