Re: HEADSUP: mails sent to nnn@bugs.debian.org are NOT sent to the submitter

Samuel Thibault wrote on Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 17:29:53 +0100:
> This happens again and again...  Quite a few maintainers don't seem to
> realize that mails sent to nnn@bugs.debian.org are not sent to the bug
> submitter, and the bug tracking thus halts down completely when the
> maintainer asks for information only to the bot, and not to the human.
>
> I don't know how it happens that maintainers get to reply only to
> nnn@bugs.debian.org , my only guess is that they just don't know that
> it's not sufficient to mail the bug, so I guess the only solution is to
> repeat it over and over :/

>From the other end, I have to do, every time I finish using reportbug,

    < Poll for bug number?
    [wait three minutes]
    [copy-paste bug number]
    > bts subscribe <paste>

in order to be able to reply to questions the maintainers may address to
me.  I would love for this procedure to not be needed: it's an avoidable
overhead.

Cheers,

Daniel
(And of course, after subscribing, I need to check the bug report
archives to see if the maintainer had replied before my subscription
went through...)