Re: MIA maintainers and RC-buggy packages

> > The question is absolutely valid, but maybe I should rephrase it to
> > "Why
> > are you contacting the uploader only and not the team as well?"
>
> Because it's the first step.

Would have been nice to know. Anyway, I can see your point.

> > > * Also: what should we do with packages that are marked as team-
> > > maintained
> > > but are really orphaned?
> >
> > Which is defined how?
>
> I can define that as "nobody actually cares about the package".

Sure, but then it would be nice if you'd tried finding out if nobody
cares. As usual the real world is neither white not black, but some
shade of gray. The problem with the package is that the new version
does not build on my system but I lack the time to debug, could be
minor but still.

I'd like to keep the package around, if it still has the same
functionality. Upstreams docs are not absolutely clear about this and I
cannot check without building it.

If anyone wants to help, the package is tora.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org