Re: about build flavours

Thibaut Paumard writes ("Re: about build flavours"):
> Exactly, plus a pair of symlinks with a default value and sysadmin
> control. The standard way is using the alternatives system:
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianAlternatives

This is good advice if there is no way to do this without user
configuration.

I understand that libhyperscan just depends on SSE, so there can't be
runtime switching there, but there is an alternative possibility:

Provide a /usr/bin/suricata which detects the presence of SSE right
now, and exec's one of two appropriate suricata binaries.

The difficulty with this is that the system would have to have a
nonfunctional libhyperscan installed on it, for dependency reasons,
but if there are not many callers of libhyperscan all of the callers
could do whatever check or fallback is appropriate; if there are many
callers of libhyperscan, libhyperscan.deb could provide a checking
facility to be used by callers.

Ian.