about build flavours

Hi,

we are trying to create a build flavour for the suricata package [0],
which we would like to link to hyperscan, which uses SSSE3.

I've read several docs in our debian wiki regarding build flavours,
but I couldn't find any proper document which describes best
practices.

Currently, our main idea is to create a suricata-hyperscan package
which includes the dependency to hyperscan, and the binary is build
linked to the library.

We distribute two /usr/bin/suricata binaries in two binary packages:
 * suricata, without hyperscan
 * suricata-hyperscan, with hyperscan

Then, we conflict the packages with each other and dpkg-divert the
/usr/bin/suricata file in suricata-hyperscan.

I don't know if there is another approach which could be more
recommended for this situation.

Please, share your comments.

best regards.

[0] #846143 https://bugs.debian.org/846143