Re: about build flavours

On 30 November 2016 at 11:33, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-11-30 at 11:11 +0100, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez wrote:
>
>> I don't think hyperscan currently is able to detect SSE3 support at runtime.
>
> Sounds like a bug.
>
>> Do you think that the warning at install-time is not enough?
>
> Sounds like a reasonable workaround for the bug.

CC'ing Matthew, who is upstream developer at Intel.

Perhaps he could share some comments on this topic.

@Matthew, we are wondering whether hyperscan is able to detect SSE3
support at runtime in a given machine.
We are planning to integrate hyperscan with other packages (such as
suricata) and we are evaluating possible
alternatives regarding this integration.

(please, keep debian-devel in CC)

regards