Re: piuparts autoreject

Hi,

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 22:04:15 +0000
Johannes Schauer <josch@debian.org> wrote:
> by "repository" you mean the unstable suite?

 Yes, I mean it is unstable but it is also better to support testing
 migration as Niels said.

> So you essentially want packages to pass piuparts before they are moved from
> incoming to unstable after they were built by the autobuilders?

 Almost yes, but I thought it sits before autobuilders as below.

 i.e.  [upload]→[lintian autoreject]→[piuparts autoreject]→[autobuilders]

> This includes stuff like lintian, autopkgtest, piuparts, dose3 or adequate.

 It seems to be really nice, we don't need to spend time to investigate
 problems that is able to be prevented by tools.

> The idea here would be that the humans consuming unstable are already presented
> with an archive that is free of problems that can be found in an automated
> fashion. Thus, no human time would be wasted by finding and reporting issues
> that a machine could've found before without any human effort.

 Exactly. Our time is limited, and we would be tired because we're
 human. But well implemented infrastructure can save us :)

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 16:06:37 +0100
Bastien ROUCARIES <roucaries.bastien@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please also try this pbuilder hook

 Thanks, I'll try it.

 Both is important - Developer tool can find problems as earlier as
 possible and reduce cycle time. Build pipeline implementation would
 ensure to prevent problems go to users.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org