Re: piuparts autoreject

Hi,

Quoting Hideki Yamane (2016-11-23 08:24:27)
>  Just a question, sometimes some dependency-broken packages would go into
>  repository and apt may complain it. Of course, someone would report it and
>  maintainers would fix it soon, but 0 dependency-broken packages is best.
>
>  Can we integrate piuparts to prevent such situation to build pipeline?  (as
>  well as lintian autoreject)

by "repository" you mean the unstable suite?

So you essentially want packages to pass piuparts before they are moved from
incoming to unstable after they were built by the autobuilders?

This reminds be of another discussion (cannot find the thread - might've been
on IRC) where the idea was to have another suite for binary and source packages
where packages go to before they enter unstable. This suite would not be for
human usage but instead would only be used by automated tools.
incoming.debian.org could as well be used for that as an existing archive that
is not intended to be used by humans. Packages would then only enter unstable
from this suite if they pass all automated tests that we have at our disposal.
This includes stuff like lintian, autopkgtest, piuparts, dose3 or adequate. Or
only getting into unstable once they were built on all architectures to prevent
uninstallability due to multiarch:same version skews.

The idea here would be that the humans consuming unstable are already presented
with an archive that is free of problems that can be found in an automated
fashion. Thus, no human time would be wasted by finding and reporting issues
that a machine could've found before without any human effort.

Thanks!

cheers, josch