Re: [Letsencrypt-devel] Certbot in Debian Stretch

On 11/25/2016 10:34 AM, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> On Thu, November 24, 2016 22:28, Harlan Lieberman-Berg wrote:
>> On November 24, 2016 11:59:46 AM EST, James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>
>> wrote:
>>> The jessie and jessie-backports releases of certbot have not, in
>>> general, been usable.  There have been usable windows, but it has not
>>> been continuous.
>>
>> Certbot has never been in jessie, so I imagine it wouldn't have been
>> usable.
>>
>> I'm also haven't gotten any tickets about it being unusable. Can you
>> please provide me a link to the tickets you filed when you found it
>> unusable?
>
> FWIW certbot from jessie-backports has been working fine for me in several
> contexts.

Same here. The only problem I had is when the package was renamed
from letsencrypt to certbot; that wasn't handled properly the way
I expect something like this to be handled, I had to manually coax
APT to get it installed. (A simple upgrade or dist-upgrade would
have just removed a lot of packages. I don't remember the precise
details, sorry, and I was too busy with other things to properly
initially.

Regards,
Christian