Re: Build a sort-of-systemd-dependent package on kfreebsd

On 08.11.2016 15:13, Alec Leamas wrote:

> On 08/11/16 14:56, Jens Reyer wrote:
>
>> Hi Alec [answering on debian-mentor
>
> Hi Jens! thanks for reply! We are in cross-posting hell... redirecting
> to debian-devel

Yup, but I agree with Henrique that mentors would've been the right
list, anyway.

>> On 08.11.2016 13:39, Alec Leamas wrote:
>>> In particular:
>>>   - How can I handle that kfreebsd should install a different set of
>> files?
>>
>> Never done that, but I guess use dh-exec filtering in the
>> debian/*.install files.
>
> Trying to understand the debhelper, dh-exec  and dh-exec-subst
> manpages. However, I just don't get it. All these tools seems to be
> about changing the actual location of certain files by substituting
> various variables with corresponding values.
>
> However, my need is to actually *remove* some files from e. g.,
> debian/install since they are not built on kfreebsd. How could I do this?

The dh-exec-filter manpage should help. I assume you want something like:

debian/install:
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec
[!kfreebsd-any] debian/some-linux-only-file /usr/lib/my-package

A code search [1] showed that syslog-ng does this, so that package might
be worth looking at.

Greets
jre

[1]