Re: Build a sort-of-systemd-dependent package on kfreebsd

On 08/11/16 14:56, Jens Reyer wrote:

Hi Alec [answering on debian-mentor

Hi Jens! thanks for reply! We are in cross-posting hell... redirecting to debian-devel

On 08.11.2016 13:39, Alec Leamas wrote:
In particular:
  - How can I handle that kfreebsd should install a different set of
files?

Never done that, but I guess use dh-exec filtering in the
debian/*.install files.

Trying to understand the debhelper, dh-exec  and dh-exec-subst
manpages. However, I just don't get it. All these tools seems to be about changing the actual location of certain files by substituting various variables with corresponding values.

However, my need is to actually *remove* some files from e. g., debian/install since they are not built on kfreebsd. How could I do this?

Cheers!

--alec