Re: OpenSSL 1.1.0

You could enforce that no Qt-using package uses the wrong OpenSSL by
> adding libssl1.0-dev dependencies to libqt4-dev and qtbase5-dev.
>
> After that, trying to compile any Qt-using package with the wrong
> OpenSSL should fail due to unsatisfiable build dependencies.

Well, if a library A uses openssl, but doesn't expose this use through
its header files (e.g. because it also loads openssl dynamically), then
libA-dev doesn't require to depend on any libssl*-dev library, i.e. one
would also have to manually add the otherwise not needed libssl*-dev
dependency.
For instance I think that gdcm also loads openssl dynamically.

To keep a record: because itksnap uses QT5, dcmtk,  and gdcm, the latter
two libraries will be build against openssl-1.0.

Best,
Gert