Re: OpenSSL 1.1.0

On jueves, 3 de noviembre de 2016 12:34:23 P. M. ART Tino Mettler wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 14:02:52 -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Today we the Qt/KDE team were hit but this same thing in the middle of our
> > transition: libpq-dev pulls in libssl-dev which makes Qt5 FTBFS.
>
> Hi,
>
> libqt staying at OpenSSL 1.0 means all binaries linking against libqt
> need to stay at OpenSSL 1.0. Is this correct?

To the best of my knowledge yes, because Qt dllopens it and thus doesn't
resolves symbols versions.

Note that this is valid for both Qt4 and Qt5.

--
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a
genius to understand the simplicity.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/