Re: unattended-upgrades by default?

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> writes:
> To solve the issue and provide security updates by default, I'm
> proposing that we should switch to installing unattended-upgrades by
> default (and enabling it too) *unless* something else in the
> installation is already expected to deal with security updates.

Sounds like a good idea. At the minimum the image should ask (how?) the
user if they want to enable automatic updates. I've seen many admins who
don't even know about the unattended-upgrades package so we should be
advertising it more.

On my virtual machines I usually configure automatic updates and
automatic reboot daily or weekly to ensure that I don't have any
run-time configuration that would be break after e.g. a power outage.

-Timo