Re: Crowd funding campaign to package browserify in debian

On Wednesday 12 October 2016 11:09 PM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have been discussing browserified javascript situation in debian for
> sometime. We decided to spent one full month on packaging browserify if
> we can raise enough money via crowd funding. See
> http://igg.me/at/debian-browserify for more details.

With 11 days left for the campaign and raising 14% of the target from 8
backers, we already spent 15 days and 2 hours (I spent 7 days 3 hours
/59 hours and Sruthi spent 7 days 7 hours/63 hours) and have packaged 96
node modules so far.

> Note: Some packages would still need grunt or gulp I think, but probably
> with some changes they could be briwserified using browserify itself.

We shifted out focus to grunt from browserify realizing grunt is needed
by more packages.

You can compare these two pages,

Before we started this campaign
https://wiki.debian.org/Javascript/Nodejs/Tasks/grunt?action=recall&rev=26